The US PREP National Center is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive coalition where diverse voices contribute to all aspects of our organization and work. This commitment is actualized through a culture of inclusion in which different perspectives and backgrounds are encouraged and explored with rigor and curiosity, and held with respect.
As a teacher preparation support organization, we are charged with equipping the next generation of educators with the mindsets and tools necessary to adapt to evolving demographics and provide a quality education to all students across the United States. Therefore, we consider diversity comprehensively, including individuals’ race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability/disability, age, religion, and other characteristics that shape creative perspectives and professional experiences. Additionally, because historical forces have resulted in inequitable educational opportunities for students across different races and class, we are particularly committed to taking action to enable educators to redress the balance.
We believe that equity, diversity, and inclusion require continuous and intentional commitments to support healthy people, healthy communities and the overall success of present and future generations. We understand that fostering equity is a continuous process, and we seek to maintain the highest standards of ethics, transparency, and accountability. We believe that cultivating an environment in which people of all backgrounds can thrive is critical to achieving our mission of teacher preparation excellence.
We strive to:
- Reflect diversity in our staff, ultimately seeking to mirror the representation in the communities we serve
- Communicate and share content respectfully within our organization and with coalition members, and with inclusive representation
- Foster open and constructive discussions amongst US PREP coalition members regarding diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Work with our coalition members to ensure that all aspects of teacher preparation programming address patterns of inequity by integrating principles of diversity and inclusion and promoting equity and social justice within coursework, teaching, and clinical experiences
- Respect, support, and value all members of our community