The University-School Partnerships for the Renewal of Educator Preparation National Center (US PREP) is a comprehensive, multi-organizational collaborative with the mission of attracting, training and retaining high quality, racially diverse teachers for all high-need communities across the country using the US PREP teacher preparation model. The core of this transformational model includes:
- Commitment to strong district partnerships;
- The development of rigorous, aligned, and relevant curriculum;
- A rigorous clinical teaching experience for all program participants;
- Commitment to performance-based accountability, and;
- Commitment to data-driven continuous improvement.
US PREP delivers on-the-ground support and services to university providers to create classroom-ready teachers and advance learning and innovation in teacher preparation. The bottom line of working within the US PREP coalition will be the production of exemplary new teachers for partner districts.